After almost a year Google provides Android 12 OS updates to various Android smartphones models. Users have waited long for Android 12 after 11. The new update of Android 12 gives lots of new features and functionality. This OS version is stable and you will not see any performance issues with it. But recently some users have reported that they are facing Android 12 Video Not Working when opening videos.
Most of the users are facing video not working or playing when they play videos on the browser. If the videos are perfectly working on the previous build and faced this issue after the update, then it may be a software bug. But if this problem happens in the previous build as well then it may be a hardware or app that creating the problem.
So if you are one of those who see this error after an update to Android 12, then you are in the right spot. We know some troubleshooting tips to help users to fix the Android 12 Video Not Working problem from their Android smartphones.
Methods To Fix Android 12 Video Not Working
There are many new models of various companies that are getting Android 12 updates. But apart from Google’s new devices, the other companies’ models are facing some issues with it. That’s why you need to update your device regularly so that the errors and bugs remove after updating. Sometimes users can do some little things to solve the issues like clearing cache, uninstall and reinstall the apps, and more.
Below we will tell you some of the methods that will help users to get rid of the Android 12 Video Not Working problem. Follow the steps in these methods and solve the error to play videos smoothly.
1. Delete or Wipe Out App Cache Data
Most of the time clearing the app cache will help users to get rid of the errors and bugs. Wiping out the app cache will remove the junk files and corrupted app data to fix the issue. Deleting the app cache also refreshes the temporary glitch in the app. So to do that:
- Open the Settings on your Android 12 smartphone.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications
- And tap on See all apps.
- Now you will see all the apps that you are using. Scroll down the list and search for the Video app.
- Click on Video and go to App Info.
- After that choose the Storage & cache option.
- And then tap on Clear cache.
- After clearing the cache, tap on Clear storage and clear it as well.
When the wiping out of the cache and storage is done, check the problem will be solved and videos are playing.
2. Check and Update Video App
We always suggest you update the apps to the latest versions of it. Because many of the issues that users are facing can be solved by the developers of it in those new builds. So if your video app is outdated then you may see the Android 12 Video Not Working or Playing error. So to check and update the Video app, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Then from the right top corner tap on the three-dots icon.
- From there, go to My apps & games.
- Here if the update of the Video app is there, then you need to update it.
- Click on the Update option next to the specific app and It’ll automatically start installing the update.
Once the updated process is completed, it is time to open the Video app and check the problem should be gone.
3. Check and Update Android 12 OS
Make sure that the Android 12 software is up to date. Because all the previous update bugs are solved in the new one. So if your device is outdated then it may conflict with multiple problems. Always update your devices to the latest software to improve stability and fix bugs. To check and update your device to the latest version, you need to do:
- Go to the Settings.
- And from the settings menu tap on System.
- Then select Advanced
- Users will see the About Phone or System option according to their smartphone models.
- Now you need to click on System Update or Software Update.
- If any of the new builds are available, it’ll notify you.
- Download and install the latest build of Android 12 on your Android phones.
- Your device will restart to save the changes automatically.
When the process is completed, open the Video App, hopefully, users will not see the Android 12 Video Not Working issue.
4. Uninstall & Reinstall Video App
After applying all the above methods and still facing the Android 12 Video Not Working or Playing error, then you have to reinstall the app. So to do that, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Then search for the Video App that you are using in the search bar.
- Select the Video app from the search result and then click on the Uninstall option.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again to confirm the action. Now the app will be removed from your Android smartphone.
- We suggest that restart your device after uninstalling the app that causing the issue.
- After rebooting, open the Google Play Store again.
- Now search for the Video app.
- Then tap on the specific video app and click on Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- When done, launch the Video app and check the problem will be solved.
These are some of the troubleshooting methods on how to fix Android 12 Video Not Working. We have provided all the necessary methods that will help users to fix the problem and hope that you find this article useful. If you have anything to share with us then feel free to contact us in the comment section.