Your Windows PC is getting slow then you need to clean the unwanted files and programs that slow down your PC. Change some of the settings on your PC and clean all the junk files that are using the RAM of your system.
The users of Windows 10 and 11 PC can simply use the built-in tools to clean up the system. So below we will show you the best 8 ways to clean up your Windows 10/11 PC.
1. Clean Up Your PC By Removing the Unwanted Apps
Unwanted apps are the main cause of slowing down your Windows PC. So by removing these unwanted apps and clearing storage space from the system, users can boost up their PCs. To do that, you need to go to the settings for your Windows 10/11 PC and follow the instructions.
- Press the Windows + I keys at the same time to open the Settings.
- Click on the Apps option from the settings screen.
- Now search for the app that you want to remove and select it.
- Users will see the Uninstall option to remove it from their PC.
- Click the Uninstall option and remove that app from your PC.
- Follow this process for any app that you want to clean up from your PC.
2. Clean Up Windows 10/11 PC By Using Disk Cleanup
In Windows 10-11 PC, you will find a built-in Disk Cleanup tool. It automatically scans all the junk files from your system and helps you to get rid of them.
- First, open the Start menu and search for Disk Cleanup.
- Then select Disk Cleanup from the search results.
- Now choose the drive that you like to clean up and select the OK option.
- After that, the Disk Cleanup window will appear on your PC screen.
- Select the files that you’d like to delete from your computer and then select OK.
3. Remove Large Folders From Your Windows PC
Many unused and old large folders are there in your hard drive that uses more space. So to find those large folders there is a built-in tool that helps you to find them. Users can easily remove manually those large folders that are using enough space from the hard drive of your PC.
- Press the Windows + I keys at the same time and it will open the Settings.
- Now select the System option from there.
- Then choose the Storage option from the left sidebar.
- After that, click on the Other in the pane from the right.
- All of the large file folders will appear that use enough storage.
- Select the folder and open it on File Explorer so that you can manually delete the folder.
4. Uninstall Built-In Apps That Are Unused
Windows 10 and 11 come with preloaded apps. Many of these apps are not used by you but these apps use enough of your Ram and storage. So clean them by following the below steps.
- Go to the Start menu and search for the built-in app that you want to delete.
- Now right-click on that app and click on the Uninstall from the menu.
Users can use these steps for any app that they want to remove or uninstall from their PCs.
5. Always Empty Recycle Bin On Your Windows PC
Users can delete various files from their PCs regularly. But all of the files that you have deleted are not completely removed and go in the Recycle Bin of the Windows. So to delete those files completely, you need to clean up the Recycle Bin after deleting the files from the drives.
- Go to the main desktop page and you will see the Recycle Bin shortcut.
- Now right-click on the Recycle Bin shortcut and select the Empty Recycle Bin.
- Then click on Yes from the prompt that appears on your PC screen.
6. Defrag Drives From Your Windows PC
Defragging the drives will help you to boost up your Windows PC. It optimizes the drives and rearranges the files on those drives.
- To do that, go to the Start menu and search for Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- Then select that option from the top.
- Select the main drive and click on the Optimize button.
- After that, the Windows starts to defrag your drive. It will take some time.
7. Boot Up Your PC Faster By Disable Startup Apps
Many of you use certain apps that always launch when you turn on your PC. Because of those start-up apps, your PC takes a long time to boot up. So by disabling them your PC will boot up faster and doesn’t take too much time.
Users can anytime re-add the apps that they want to add to the startup apps list.
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings.
- Select the Apps option from there.
- From the sidebar on the left select the Startup option.
- Now you need to find the app that you want to stop launching on the boot-up.
- Turn off the option by clicking on the toggle. Do this process for any app that you want to stop on launching when you turn on your PC.
8. Clear History And Remove Extensions From Browser
Cleaning your web browser is important to boost up the system. Also, many extensions are not used by you, but these extensions are slowing down your PC. So to remove the browing history and remove the unused extensions follow the steps mentioned below.
- To remove the extensions, you can right-click on that extension and select the Remove option.
- To clear the browsing history, go to the settings of the browser.
- Now go to the search section of the browse and search for browsing history.
- Now delete the browsing history by clicking on the clear data option.
- Users can also remove cookies and other site data as well by following the upper steps.
The built-in tools in Windows 10 and 11 make it easier to clean all the junk and unused files from your PC. So if your PC is getting slower or sluggish, then follow the above methods. These methods help users to keep their Windows PC clean from all the apps and files that causing trouble. We hope that this guide will help users to clean up their Windows 10 and 11 PC with the built-in tools.