Today we will discuss how to fix Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS on your iPhone. We know some of the workarounds that will help users to solve this issue from your device.
Google Maps is a very useful app for all of the users of smartphones. It works well on both Android and iOS platforms. But nothing is perfect and sometimes these apps cause trouble and couldn’t work properly. Recently many users have reported that they are facing Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS on iPhone. This issue is very annoying because you can’t get the correct location or you can follow the wrong directions.
So if you are facing this issue and want to solve it on your iPhone, then don’t need to worry because we are here to help you guys. In this guide, we will guide you with some of the methods that will help you fix the problem. Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem can be caused due by various problems on your device. In most cases, if you use other location-related apps, then there is a huge chance that you can face this issue. Also, if you have poor internet connectivity then you may this problem.
Methods to fix Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS on iPhone
Don’t worry we will tell you some of the simple but effective methods to fix Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS on iPhone. Follow the methods mentioned and fix the problem.
1. Restart or Reboot your iPhone
Restarting or rebooting the device can solve many of the temporary bugs and errors automatically. So we strongly suggest restarting your iPhone before you proceed to the next methods. After the boot-up check is the problem is fixed or not.
2. Check Internet or WiFi Connectivity
There is a huge chance if your internet connection is slow or not connected properly then you may see the wrong location. So make sure that the internet is connected properly and works well on your iPhone device. If the WiFi is very slow or not working then restart your internet routers and check if the internet is working properly or not. If you still facing a Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS issue then follow the next methods.
3. Check Hardware on your iPhone
The location services work very well on the iPhone and users cant face any issues while using it. But if you are one of those who are targeting the Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem then it may be a hardware issue on your device. So you need to check and confirm that your iPhone hardware is working fine and there is no issue from that area.
There are many hardware checker applications available for the users. We recommend using Phone Diagnostics on your iPhone. To do that:
- First of all, download and install Phone Diagnostics on your iPhone.
- Then open the app and check for Compass and GPS hardware.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to check the device’s various hardware.
- If the icons of the hardware turn Green then it means that the hardware has no issues from that department.
- But if any turns into red then it means that hardware is damaged and not working on your iPhone.
- In this situation, you need to visit the nearest Apple center and repair your device from there.
4. Check & Correct Location Permissions
Sometimes you have to give proper permissions so that the Google Maps app works without any issues. So you need to check and correct the location permissions so that you can fix Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem on your iPhone. To do that:
- First, open iPhone Settings.
- Search for the Privacy option and tap on it.
- Then select Location Services.
- Now you have to make sure that the Location Services are enabled or Turn On.
- After that scroll down and find Google Maps.
- Then select the While using the app option.
After giving the correct location services open the Google Maps app and search for any location and see if the Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem is solved or not.
5. Enable Precise Location
The precise location feature is announced by Apple on iOS 13 and above. Users can opt-out in case they don’t wish to share their exact location. So if you haven’t given the precise location permission to Google maps then this will cause Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem. To do that, follow the below steps:
- Open Settings on iPhone.
- Then select Privacy.
- And then select Location Services.
- Now scroll down and find Google Maps.
- From there Turn On or Enable the slider for Precise location.
6. Reset Location Services on your iPhone
If you still facing the Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem, then we suggest resetting the location services. for that:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Then navigate to General.
- Select Reset.
- Next, Reset Location & Privacy.
- Now you will be asked to enter your passcode, enter it. Wait to complete the resetting process.
When the process is done, now check if the Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem will be solved.
7. Disable Battery Saver
The battery saver mode is enabled to save the battery timing on your iPhone devices. This battery saver feature is automatically enabled as soon you hit 20% battery capacity. So if the battery saver mode is Turn On on your device then you may face Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS issue. So try to disable or Turn Off the battery saver mode on your device to fix this problem. To do that:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Then go to Battery.
- From there, disable or turn off the low power mode feature.
8. Disable Hiding My Ip Address
In iOS 14, users get the Hide Ip Address feature to protect their IP addresses from trackers. Most of the users have enabled this feature on their iPhones for the protection of their location and privacy. But the Ip Address plays a vital role in getting your exact location for mapping applications. So if you have enabled that option, we recommend disabling that option. To do that:
- Open Settings of your iPhone.
- Now select Safari.
- Then Hide IP Address.
- Now, you need to Disable or Turn Off the Hide IP Address feature.
After disabling it, check if the Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS issue is fixed or not.
9. Reinstall Google Maps
After applying all the above methods and nothing works for you, then your need to reinstall the Google Maps app on your iPhone. First, delete the Google Maps app, and then re-install it from the AppStore.
We have mentioned some of the best methods to fix Google Maps Showing Wrong GPS problem on your iPhone. These methods work for most of the users and they have solved the problem by applying them. We hope that these methods work for you as well. If you have any questions or want to share something then feel free to contact us in the comment section.