Are you facing iPhone disconnecting from Mac problem? Read this article because we have provided the best methods by which users can fix this problem.
As you know, Apple devices can work very fast when connected. But sometimes due to some error or bug and some software conflicts, users cant able to connect their Apple devices with each other. This problem is very irritating and needs to fix as soon as possible.
Some of you can not able to connect your phones with Mac devices. If you are one of those people searching for the solution to that problem then you are at the right place. We will provide you with some of the best methods to fix iPhone disconnecting from Mac issue.
1. Check Cables & Ports
If any cable is connected or the port of your device is not working then you may face iPhone disconnecting from Mac. So make sure that the cables that you have connected are working properly and also the ports of the devices have no issues. If the ports are dirty then you can gently clean these ports with the help of earbuds.
2. Modify Finder Preferences Settings
In most cases, if the finder preferences settings have been set wrong then you might face iPhone disconnecting from Mac. So to check or confirm and modify the finder settings, follow the below steps:
- Open Finder on your Mac devices.
- Then click on Finder available at the top left menu bar.
- Now select Preferences.
- Then go to the General tab.
- At last, mark External disks.
3. Reset Location & Privacy Settings from your iPhone
Try resettings the location and privacy settings from your iPhone to fix the problem. To do that:
- Go to Settings.
- Then General.
- Now scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Then tap on Reset.
- And then select Reset Location & Privacy.
- At last, confirm the Reset Settings.
When the process is finished, check for the iPhone disconnecting from Mac problem is fixed or not.
4. Restart or Reboot usbd process
1. Restart usbd process by using Mac OS Terminal
The terminal is a very important feature in Mac OS because it helps users to fix connectivity issues between devices. So try using the Mac OS Terminal method to fix iPhone disconnecting from Mac problem. To to that:
- Use Spotlight search and open the Terminal app.
- Then type the below command and press enter from the keyboard.
- end: sudo killall usbd
- On the prompt, enter the Mac password.
2. Restart usbd process by using Activity Monitor
If you don’t want to use the terminal method and are not comfortable with doing it, then try the Activity Monitor method. To do that follow the below steps.
- Click Launchpad.
- Then select Others.
- Choose Activity Monitor.
- Now click the Disk tab and search for usbd.
- After that, select usbd process and then press the X button which is available at the top.
- Next, click Force Quit from the pop-up.
5. Try Resetting SMC/NVRAM on your Mac
If you are still facing the iPhone disconnecting from Mac, then try resetting the SMC/NVRAM on your MacBook. If you don’t know how to do that then follow the below steps:
- First, click the Apple logo from the top left side.
- Then choose Shut Down.
- When the Mac completely shut down, then turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Option + Command ⌘ + P + R keys together for around 20 secs.
- When you hold and press the keys, you will notice that Mac appears to Restart.
- Remember you have to leave the Keys after your MacBook boots twice.
- If you have the older MacBook then leave the keys when you hear the second startup chime.
- If you have the newer Macs with T2 Security Chip then leave the four keys after the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time.
This is how you can reset SMC/NVRAM on the new and old devices to fix iPhone disconnecting from Mac.
6. Make a new Admin Account
There is a chance that your old Mac account settings may cause disconnecting issues. So we recommend creating a new Admin account with a different Apple ID. To make a new account follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, click on Apple Logo from the top right side.
- Then System Preferences.
- And then select Users & Group.
- Now click on the lock icon to unlock and enter the password.
- After that Click the + icon to add a new User.
- Then select Admin type Administrator.
- At last, add a username and password for the new account.
7. Contact To Apple Support
If all of the above methods cant solve the iPhone disconnecting from Mac problem, then contact Apple Support. This may be a hardware issue like a lightning/USB port and you have to visit the authorized repair center to change the part which is damaged.
These are some of the best methods to fix iPhone disconnecting from Mac. Try these solutions step by step and we hope that one of them works for you. If you have any questions or want to share something with us, then feel free to contact us in the comment section below.
How to Merge videos on iPhone and iPad Using iMovie