Recently many users of MacBook reported that they are facing the error “iMessage Not Delivered” while sending messages through iMessage. In this guide, we will show you how users can Fix MacBook Not Sending Messages on iMessage error from their device.
iMessage is a messaging service provided by Apple for users to send instant messages. Users are allowed to send or receive messages on Apple devices. It works with iPhone, MacBook, Apple Watches, and iPad. You can’t just send messages but also send videos, emojis, stickers, gifs, locations, documents, and more with it.
The iMessage is secure and works very fast among Apple devices. But as we know nothing is perfect and sometimes people face some errors on the apps that they use. One such common error that some of you face is “iMessage Not Delivered”. So today we will show users how they can solve this error while sending messages.
To solve this problem, you need to change some settings on your MacBook. By changing them, users can comfortably fix MacBook Not Sending Messages problem on their device. So follow some of the methods that are mentioned below.
Activate iMessage On MacBook
To send messages through iMessage, make sure that it is activated on your device. Also, make sure that this service is activated on the recipient’s device as well. Sometimes the other person who is the recipient does not activate the service that’s why the error comes on the device screen f yours. So it is important that you have to communicate with the other person and he or she has activated the iMessage service on their devices.
To activate the iMessage users need to follow the below step:
- Click on the Messages in the Menu bar.
- Then you will be asked to enter the Apple id that you are using on your Mac.
- Then select Preferences.
- Now click on the iMessage tab.
- From there, you need to enable the option Enable Messages in iCloud.
- Also, you need to tick the phone number and email addresses at which you would like to be reached.
Using Sign Out And In Again Method
You are sending the messages to the right person and still failed to send messages then use the sign-out and sign-in method. Sometimes you have enabled the iMessage but still facing the problem then you need to sign out and sign in again. Doing this, most of the issues of messages have been fixed automatically. To do that follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Open the Messages app on MacBook.
- Then click on Messages from the menu bar available on the top and then select Preferences.
- After that, hit the iMessage option and you will see the Sign Out option.
- Tap Sign Out and log out from the App.
- Now Restart the MacBook and again Sign in to iMessage using the upper steps again.
- By doing it, the issue can be fixed from your device.
Correct Date And Time
Most of the time, if the date and time of your device are incorrect, you will face these kinds of errors. One of the main causes of messages not sending to others is that time and date are not correct. So you have to check that these are properly set on your device. Your network providers give you the option to set up the time and date automatically. For that, follow the below steps:
- Open the Settings of your MacBook.
- Now click on the Date & Time option from there.
- Then select Set Date and Time Automatically.
- After that check for the issue and iMessage should work properly.
Deleting PList Files
The PList (Property List) is an extension that is used to save preferences of applications. The format of these PList files is XML and it contains contain properties and configuration settings of programs. By deleting the PList files from your MacBook, users can fix the error “iMessage Not Delivered”. Delete the old ones and the MacBook will automatically generate a new PList for iMessage. To delete the PList files follow the below instructions.
- Press command + spacebar to open Spotlight.
- Now enter Library/Preferences on the search bar and search for it.
- After that, look for com.apple.imessage.plist file.
- Now tap Two-finger on that PList file and move it to Bin.
- Reboot your MacBook and check the messages are sending.
Make Sure Your MacBook Is Updated To Latest Version
Your MacBook must be always updated to the latest OS version. Because many of the issues and errors are solved automatically by updating to the newer version. So You have to make sure that your device is fully updated to the latest OS version.
Contact Apple Support
If you have done all the above methods and still facing the error “iMessage Not Delivered”. Then you should contact Apple Support and ask them for the solution.
These are some of the methods that will help you on how to Fix MacBook Not Sending Messages on iMessage. We hope that these methods will help you solve the “iMessage Not Delivered” from your MacBook. If you guys have any solutions then feel free to share them with us. We hope that this guide will help you on solving the issue.