Are you facing the problem that QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone? Then you are at the right place. Because today we will show you some methods that will help you fix this issue from your iPhone.
The QR Code Scanner is very useful nowadays because you can pay your bills and payments. It makes your life easier by making online payments immediately. It can also be used for other specific functions that have been integrated into a QR code.
This feature uses your iPhone’s camera to scan the codes so that you can pay your bills etc. By default, this feature is enabled on your device camera but somehow it is disabled then you need to enable it from the settings. After enabling, if the QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone still exits then you need to follow the methods given below.
Methods to fix QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone
Today we will show you some of the best methods to solve the QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone problem. Follow those methods as mentioned accordingly and you will be able to solve the issue.
1. Enable QR Code Scanner from Settings
Before we proceed to any solution, it is important that you need to check and confirm that the QR Code Scanner is enabled in the iOS settings. Si to check and enable that feature on your iPhone, follow the below steps:
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Now tap on Camera.
- Now, navigate to the option Scan QR codes.
- Next, tap on the switch beside this option to Turn On the feature.
This is how you can enable or turn on the QR Code Scanner from the settings. After enabling the feature, now try to scan the code and see if the QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone is solved or not.
2. Restart Your iPhone
After enabling the QR Code Scanner, the issue is still there, then you need to restart or reboot your iPhone. Most of the temporary bugs and errors are fixed when restarting your device. So to do so:
- First, press the power button of the iPhone for a few seconds.
- Then you will see the screen saying Slide to Power Off.
- Now slide to the right to Turn Off your iPhone.
- After your device shut down, wait for 2 to 3 minutes, then again press the power button to Turn On your iPhone.
- When your device boots up, try to scan a QR code and see if the QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone is solved or not.
3. Update iOS to the latest version
Apple has recently launched iOS 15. But before we proceed we would like to tell you an important thing that the QR code scanning feature is supported by iOS 11 and above. So if you are below iOS 11 then the QR scanner feature doesn’t support your iPhone.
By updating to the latest build, you can solve the bugs and errors that you are facing in the previous builds. To update to the latest version, you need to do:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Then tap on Software Update.
- If any new update is there, then tap on Download and Install and it will start the process of downloading and installing the latest version of iOS on your iPhone.
After updating, now check QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone will be fixed.
These are some of the best workarounds that will guide you to fix QR Code Scanner Not Working on iPhone. Follow those solutions and you will be able to solve the issue. If you have any questions and want to ask then feel free to comment to us in the comments section below.