We know most of the users are searching to fix Safari Reading List Not Syncing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices. Today we will discuss with you guys how to solve this problem?
As we know, every smartphone or PC user searches for various things on their device’s browser in their daily lives. Most of you saved or bookmark various websites and pages that they want to visit later. This feature in the Safari browser works very well but sometimes iCloud bookmarks stop syncing. Users can’t get access to the saved bookmark and see the Safari Reading List Not Syncing error.
What are the Reasons For Safari Reading List Not Syncing?
Safari Reading List Not Syncing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac can occur for various reasons. But most probably if your iCloud Account has some issues it may give you errors like that. This problem may be shown if you disabled iCloud for Safari. So you need to check and confirm some settings to fix that issue.
We understand that it is very irritating because you can’t access the bookmarks across Apple devices. So if you are facing Safari Reading List Not Syncing on iPhone, iPad, and Mac then you are at the right place. We know some of the troubleshooting methods that will help users to fix this issue.
Check Some Settings Before Applying Methods
Before you try the methods we would like to correct some settings so that you couldn’t face any problems while applying methods. So below you will see some of the settings that must be corrected.
- Make sure that the date and time of your Apple device are correct.
- The internet connection you are using is working properly.
- The sync feature doesn’t work during the iCloud outage. So you need to check the System Status page to see if it is an overall issue. We would like to mention to you that the iCloud outages don’t last for long. Users have to wait for some time and check if Reading List is syncing.
So if the issue is still there then you guys can follow the below methods.
Methods To Fix Safari Reading List Not Syncing
We know some of the workarounds that will help users to solve the Safari Reading List Not Syncing problem from the Apple devices. Most of the users of iPhone, iPad, and Mac have solved that issue from their devices by applying these methods.
1. Turn On iCloud Bookmarks Sync
If the iCloud Bookmark is disabled from the settings of your device that the Reading lists will not sync. So it is important to confirm and enable the iCloud Bookmarks. To check and activate that, you need to do:
For iPhone and iPad Users:
- Open Settings on your Apple device.
- Then tap your name.
- Now go to iCloud.
- Then turn on Safari.
For Mac Users:
- First, click on the Apple menu.
- Then open System Preferences.
- Then click on the Apple ID.
- Now select iCloud.
- Click Safari from the right.
After enabling the iCloud Bookmarks, check the Safari Reading List Not Syncing problem will be solved.
2. Restart Or Reboot Your Apple Device
Many times restarting your device can solve these types of issues. So try rebooting your iPhone, iPad, and Mac device so that all the apps can start from new. To do that, you need to hold and press the power button of your device.
3. Disable and Enable again iCloud Bookmarks
Sometimes simply disabling and enabling iCloud Bookmarks again can solve the Safari Reading List Not Syncing. To do that you need to follow the below steps.
For iPhone & iPad:
- First, open Settings.
- Then tap on Apple ID.
- Now select iCloud and from there.
- You will be asked to choose whether you delete the data or you want to keep it.
- After that, disable the Safari.
When the iCloud Bookmarks is disabled, now you can enable it again by following the upper methods.
- First of all, click on the Apple menu
- Then open System Preferences.
- Now select Apple ID and then iCloud.
- From there, uncheck Safari. This is how you can disable the iCloud Bookmarks.
- After some time enable the iCloud Bookmark again by following the same process and checking the Safari option.
4. Log out & Log In again into iCloud
Try signing out and signing in again to fix the Safari Reading List Not Syncing problem. Most of the users have confirmed that they have fixed the issue by doing that. So to do that:
On iPhone & iPad
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on Apple ID.
- Now scroll down and select sign out.
This is how you can sign out from your Apple ID. Now Sign In again and see the issue will be solved.
- Users need to click on the Apple menu.
- Then System Preferences.
- And from there tap on Apple ID.
- Now select Overview.
- At last click on sign out.
After successfully signing out follow the mentioned steps again to sign in to the Apple ID. After signing in the Safari Reading List Not Syncing problem will be gone.
5. Sync Safari to iCloud by Force on Mac
Try force sync Safari on Mac to solve the Safari Reading List Not Syncing problem. You have to make sure that the Safari browser is closed, before doing that method.
- First, you need to open the Terminal. Users can do that with two methods.
- Open Terminal by using Spotlight by pressing cmd + Space bar and searching for Terminal.
- Moving to Finder → Applications → Utilities → Terminal
- After that, type the following command in the Terminal given below and tap on the Enter button.
- defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
- Now open up Safari.
- Then click on Debug and then open Sync iCloud History.
This will forcefully sync Safari on Mac, now see if the problem is gone or not.
6. Update your Apple device
If your iOS and Mac OS is not updated to the latest version, then you may see some errors. So we always recommend that update your device to the latest build. because many of the issues and bugs can be solved automatically by simply updating your devices.
These are some of the best workarounds to fix Safari Reading List Not Syncing on Apple devices. Use these methods as mentioned and we hope this will fix the problem. If you find this article useful and want to share or ask something, then feel free to comment us.