Today we will tell users how to Set Password on Folder in Windows 11. Want to lock folders and files with a password in Windows then read this guide. We will show some of the methods to encrypt folders and files.
Sometimes you need a password to lock important files and folders for some reason. Some of you want to lock their pictures, documents, business agreements, or anything else. Many of you set the lock on the desktop but that can easily be cracked by someone. Maybe some users only want to lock the particular folders and files that are important to them.
So we are here, to help you with that. Today we will show users how they can set a password or lock on the folders and files. Luckily if you are using the Windows 11 PC, then there are some ways by which users can set a password on a folder.
Best 3 Methods to Set Password on Folder in Windows 11
As we mention that there are some methods available in Windows 11 to set o lock on a particular folder. But we will tell you the 3 best ways to set a password on your folders and files.
1. Set A Password Using Properties
This method is very easy to follow and you can lock up any file or folder. Users can lock up anyone from entering the locked files unless anyone has a correct password to access these folders. To set a password using the properties follow the below steps:
- Open File Explorer or press Windows + E keys.
- Then locate the file or folder that you want to lock.
- Now Right-click on that folder or file and select Properties.
- The new window will be open on your Windows screen, select General from the top.
- After that, click on the Advanced option.
- Alongside Attributes, click on the Advanced button.
- Now under the Compress or Encrypt attributes, tick Encrypt contents to secure data and hit on the OK button.
- After that click on the Apply button and then select OK.
This is how users can encrypt the files and folders and disallow any user from accessing them.
If you want to decrypt the files and folders, you can use the same method mentioned above. But now you have to untick the Encrypt content to secure data attribute and then click on OK.
2. Set Password Through Folder Password Utility
There are many utilities and programs are there that help you to lock folders and files. Some of them are Easy File Locker, EaseUS LockMyFile, and many more. This third-party software help users encrypt any of their files with no issues.
We are using the EaseUS LockMyFile and you can download it from its website. You can download it from any of your choice websites but we advise you to download it from its official website. Also, users can download any other software as well if they want.
- First, download and install the EaseUS LockMyFile app.
- Then launch EaseUS LockMyFile.
- Now, you will be asked to register using your email address and password. Set the strong password so that it cannot be cracked by someone.
- On the left side, there is a navigation panel available and you need to click on the Locking File option.
- Users will see some options like Lock File, Lock Drive, and Lock Folder.
- Now click on the option that you want and launch file explorer.
- Select the files or folders that you want to secure and click on Open.
- Go to the home screen of the program.
- Now check the status of the file or folder you have uploaded which should be Locked.
- This is how you locked any of the files and folders using EaseUS LockMyFile.
- So when you want to access any of the locked files/folders, you have to open the EaseUS LockMyFile, highlight the file, and click on Unlock.
There are many other password utility programs available to download and use. So each of them comes with its own set of features. So if you want to use any other third-party software then use it.
3. Compress & Set Password
Another best method is to compress files and set passwords on them. To do that, you need 7 Zip or WinRAR programs to complete the method.
- First, download and install 7 Zip or WinRAR.
- Then go to the target folder or file that you want to secure.
- Now right-click on it and select Add to archive from the menu.
In Other Way
- Open 7 Zip.
- Now search for the file or folder that you want to lock.
- Then highlight it and click on Add.
- Add Archive Name and select the Format and other options.
- Select Set password.
- Now create a new password, enter it twice, and click on the OK button.
- Again press OK and the file will be compressed and saved.
- If you want to access that zipped file, then double-click on it.
- Then enter a password.
- And hit on OK.
This is how users can compress and set a password on that file comfortably.
These are the three best methods by which users can Set Password on Folder in Windows 11. There are many other methods by which you can set passwords or lock files and folders. If you want any other method then you can search for it. Hope this guide will help you and if you have questions feel free to contact us in the comment section.