Do you want to share a YouTube video at a specific time? Then you are at the right spot. We know the ways by which users can successfully send YouTube videos at a certain time on their iPhones and desktops.
We know many of you want to share specific parts of the videos with your friends and family instead of sharing the whole video. So in that case, YouTube allows users to share a certain time video with others.
Users can easily create a link that opens a video at the exact time. We know the methods and today we will share those methods with you guys as well.
Methods to share a YouTube video at a specific time
There are various methods by which users can share a YouTube video at a specific time directly from the YouTube app or website. You do not need any apps to send or share a certain time video instead of a whole one.
Share a YouTube video at a specific time on iPhone
To share a YouTube video at a specific time from iPhone, you can send it two ways. So below we will show two ways to you guys so that you can comfortably send any part of the videos.
1. Append The URL
This method is a little bit complicated for beginners but once you understand it becomes very easy for you to share a YouTube video at a specific time on your iPhone. To do that:
- Open YouTube App on your iPhone.
- Then search or find the video you want to share.
- Then tap on the Share icon.
- Now select the Copy link option.
- After that, you need to paste that link somewhere and add the following script directly at the end of it: ?t=00s.
- Next, you need to replace the 00 in the added script with the amount of seconds into the video you want the link to be. For example, if you want the link to open the video 120 or 90 seconds after it starts, enter ?t=120s or ?t=90s.
This is how you can create a link to share a YouTube video at a specific time from your iPhone. If you find this method difficult then try the next method.
2. Use YouTube Desktop Site
- First of all open Safari and visit YouTube.
- Then you need to tap the AA icon which is available next to the URL.
- Now select Request Desktop Website.
- After that, open the video and tap Share.
- Then you need to check the box next to the Start at option, which is available at the bottom.
- Now enter the timestamp at which you want the video to start.
- Next, tap on the Copy Link.
This link is now copied on your clipboard, and you can share a YouTube video at a specific time from iPhones with anyone on social media platforms.
Share a YouTube video at a specific time on Desktop
Some of you use Desktop PC to play videos on YouTube instead of smartphones. So they are searching for a desktop method to share a YouTube video at a specific time. To do that:
- First, open the YouTube website on the web browser on your Desktop PC.
- Then you need to open the video and tap the Share button.
- Now check the box next to Start at which is available at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Next, you need to enter the timestamp at which you want the video to start.
- At last, copy the link.
After you copied the link, now you can share this timestamped video on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and more simply by using the link you copied.
These are some of the best ways to share a YouTube video at a specific time on your iPhone and Desktop PC. We hope this article will help you with what you are seeking. If you have any questions or want to share something with us then feel free to comment us in the comments section below.